All authorized banks upload the direct tax receipts and refunds data on a centralized web-server i.e. �CFMS-Challan File Movement System� on daily basis. The web-server sorts the file pertaining to various ZAOs who then downloads the relevant file.
RAMS is client-server based software system installed in all the 52 ZAOs for receipt accounting. This software enables COMPACT to integrate Receipt and Expenditure Accounts through a single unified package.
The RAMS software is now fully operational in all 52 ZAOs and Monthly Receipt Account is also prepared in RAMS w.e.f. September, 2011 which is then uploaded on to e-lekha by the ZAOs for further submission to CGA office.
Following are the main features of RAMS software:
- Facility to incorporate the daily electronic file (Challans, Scrolls, Refunds, Error Challans) received from various banks through CFMS (Challan File Movement System) web portal.
- Facility to incorporate the Refund Banks Scheme electronic file received from State Bank of India ,CMP Mumbai through CFMS web portal on daily basis.
- Facility to incorporate the RBI Put Through electronic file received from RBI through CFMS web portal on daily basis.
- Facility to incorporate the Date wise Monthly Statement (Receipt & Refund separately) electronic files received from all authorized Banks through CFMS web portal once in a month.
- Facility to maintain Public Deposit A/c.
- Facility to upload the correctness of all the above mentioned files to CFMS web portal for better management.
- Facility to upload the errors found in the files provided by the authorized banks to CFMS web portal for banks and HQ.
- Facility to upload daily / Monthly to e-Lekha.
- Reconciliation of challans, scrolls and put through etc.
- Generation of all relevant reports like daily and monthly tax collection, refunds etc.